Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas Day

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!!!


I stayed up WAY to late trying to finish some last minute gifts, so I was exhausted all day on Christmas therefore didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked to but here are what I did take...


The girls got bunk beds as their big present this year. We gave them the bunk beds on Christmas Eve. The plan was to take the girls to my sister's, she was going to keep them long enough for us to set the beds up, then take them to church. After church we were going to come home to one present under the tree. The girls were going to get to unwrap it right then, inside was going to be a note saying something like "The gift is in your room". Then they would run in there and there would be the bunk beds. i had it all planned out and was so excited BUT that didn't happen, I stayed longer than I should have at my sister's and the bunk bed assembly was MUCH more involved that me had anticipated, so we just stuck bows on the box the beds were in. The beds finally got put together 3 days later when I put them together all by myself (with a little help from the girls).

Since the girls were only getting 3 gifts each (remember, since Jesus only got 3, that was good enough for them as well), Santa mixed their gifts all up in hopes that it would take longer to actually open them, one at a time. Well the girls got up and separated them into piles, before waking me up. Oh well! It was so funny they were SOOOO excited that they got EXTRAS, two small gifts that were for them to share.



My favorite picture of the day :) Bailey, my niece being held by my Mom. Isn't she a cutie!?!?! She is such a happy baby.


The girls got "soft rainbowy PJs" as their gift from the passing party gifts with DH's family. Elianna was SOO excited about getting home and getting them on.

Since I had taken the girls beds down to make room for the bunk beds, that night we layed their mattresses on the floor and they slept on them in their new sleeping bags.

I was a very nice day celebrating the birth of our savior, Jesus, and spending time with family. I was very happy to finally get into bed that night and not have to get up early the next day.

BTW, we didn't end up doing the cake for Jesus, I had forgotten to buy a cake mix or stuff for icing, so we made one big cookie instead using the "break and bake" cookie dough. I tried to make it in the shape of a star but it turned out looking like a smashed turtle instead. We still sang happy birthday to Jesus, wish I had taken pictures anyways but I didn't.

Next year I WILL NOT wait till the last minute to finish making and shopping for gifts and especially won't stay up so late. I was just too tired to enjoy the day to the fullest. It was still a great day though!

No comments:

My princess slideshow