Sunday, January 4, 2009

2008~A year in pictures!

I saw this idea for a year in pictures over at Amy's blog and again at Lori's and loved it. So here is my...
2008
January:
Elianna painted herself with her new paint set,

High winds destroyed our trampoline :(

and Elianna got her hair cut into a short bob. It was her first real hair cut.


February:
We went to Go Diego Go Live,Elianna turned 3, we celebrated with a fancy princess tea party.

March:
Bethanie lost her first top tooth

and we celebrated Easter

April:
The weather warmed up and we enjoyed getting outside to play.
May:
We went to a circus,We were overtaken by Cicadas (It only happens every 17 years so i HAD to mention them :) ) Elianna, although she freaks at the sight of bugs of any kind, dearly LOVED these creepy things and was really sad when they went away.

I went with Bethanie's class to the zoo, so many parents from her class went that only 1 parent chaperon had more than just their own child.

June:
Bethanie finished first grade.
July:
We celebrated the 4th of July by dressing patriotic, going to a cook out, and watching fireworks.
We celebrated my birthday with a picnic at the park after stopping at the local thrift store to buy me a dress (because Elianna insisted she get me one for my birthday). While at the thrift store we found hats for all the girls so I could get lots of cute pics.


August:
We had a regular visitor in our back yard
We went to the zoo and got up close with a tiger (there is a very thick piece of glass between Bethanie and the tiger. It was so cool being THAT close, that tiger would walk back and forth along that window, I don't think he could see through it though.)

Bethanie started second grade!
September:
Bethanie turned 8. We celebrated with a cookout and a Hannah Montana cake at the lake.
Elianna went to her first day of school after flat out REFUSING to go on the actual first day of school.

We met the newest baby idol - Hannah Banana Montana (this picture cracks me up every time I see it so I just had to add it in here :) )

Both girls played soccer

October:
Bethanie won 2nd place for her flower in a pot costume.

Elianna dressed up as a pack of smarties but should have been a pack of cry babies (remember those?).

And we carved pumpkins (the girls drew the faces, I cut them out)


November:
We got our tree up the day after Thanksgiving.
December:
We got a snow day with more than normal amount of snow for December.

Santa came to Elianna's class party and she happily sat on his lap :O


We had a great year and have ALOT to be thankful for. As I look forward to this new year that we have started I see many changes that are about to happen, they make me sad that my time as only full time mommy is over, yet excited for what the future holds. I am nervous as I prepare to go back to college after 8 years of no work or school outside my home but I can only lean on the Lord for guidance as this new branch of my life begins. Please keep me and my family in your prayers that we can adjust and do out best at getting through these changes.

HAPPY 2009!!!

May it be a great year for all of us!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Great pics girl!

My princess slideshow